Sorry I've fallen behind in updating this site.
Here are some of our activities from 2015 (text only).
- January: No snow on the ground on New Years Day. This will change.
- Jan/Feb: Boston records the snowiest winter since records started being kept in 1872. And it piled up due to continued cold. School, work, and public transit shut down. But we never lost power, heat, or internet, and had only minor damage from ice dams, so it was an adventure rather then a crisis.
- April: First spring in the new house. The snow is mostly melted. We get to see whats growing.
- May: Junior prom for Julia and her football band friends.
- June: The family gathers at the new house for the Corrib 5K. This is Toms 5th time running but now we live along the course.
- June: Junior year ends (following a bunch of make-ups for snow days). Julia is inducted into the National Honor Society and the Modern Foreign Language Honor Society.
- July: We pretend to be tourists on the 4th of July and visit the Tea Party Ships and Museum.
- August: Maryellen and Julia take a road trip to visit colleges. Visited friends and did some touristy things along the way too. Stops include Niagara Falls, Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, South Bend, Cleveland, and Seneca Falls. Experienced cows, art, and pancakes at night. Many colleges compare one of their buildings to Hogwarts.
- September: Julia starts her senior high school year. College application process dominates.
- November: BLS plays its annual Thanksgiving rivalry game at Fenway Park.
- December: Record high temperature on Christmas Eve. Everyone wonders if winter will continue warm of if it will turn into another one like last winter. No snow on the ground on New Years Eve.
|2015|| | select another year:
|| | or go to main page